Punjab State Board Syllabus PSEB 10th Class English Book Solutions Guide Pdf is part of PSEB Solutions for Class 10.
PSEB 10th Class English Guide | English Guide for Class 10 PSEB
English Guide for Class 10 PSEB | PSEB 10th Class English Book Solutions
PSEB 10th Class English Main Course Book Solutions
English Main Course Book Class 10 Solutions PSEB Prose
- Chapter 1 The Happy Prince
- Chapter 2 Where is Science Taking Us?
- Chapter 3 Secret of Happiness
- Chapter 4 A Gift for Christmas
- Chapter 5 Some Glimpses of Ancient Indian Thought and Practices
- Chapter 6 The Home-Coming
- Chapter 7 The Making of the Earth
- Chapter 8 The Rule of the Road
Class 10th English Main Course Book Solutions PSEB Poetry
- Poem1 Character of a Happy Man
- Poem 2 Death the Leveller
- Poem 3 A Ballad of Sir Pertab Singh
- Poem 4 Razia, the Tigress
- Poem 5 Where the Mind is Without Fear
PSEB 10th Class English Literature Book Solutions
10th Class English Literature Book PSEB Supplementary Reader
- Chapter 1 Bed Number-29
- Chapter 2 Half A Rupee Worth
- Chapter 3 One Thousand Dollars
- Chapter 4 The Dying Detective
- Chapter 5 How Much Land Does A Man Need?
- Chapter 6 Return to Air
10th Class PSEB English Grammar Book Solution
PSEB 10th Class English Book Grammar
- Sentence Connectors (Conjunctions)
- Simple, Complex and Compound Sentences
- Reported Speech
PSEB 10th Class English Book Vocabulary
- Pairs of Words Generally Confused
- One Word for Many and their use in Sentences
- Common Errors
- Common Proverbs
PSEB 10th Class English Book Reading Skills
- Reading Comprehension Unseen Passages (Prose/Poems)
- Reading Comprehension Unseen Picture/Poster Based
- Reading Skills Note-Making
PSEB 10th Class English Book Composition & Translation
- Letter Writing
- Notice Writing
- Paragraph Writing
- Message Writing
- Advertisement Writing
English Grammar Notes is the one-stop-shop for students, beginners, and even experienced people to earn knowledge on all english related topics like Vocabulary, phrases, speeches, pronunciation, essay writings, tenses, etc.
PSEB 10th Class English Structure of Question Paper
Class – X (English)
Time : 3 Mrs.
Theory: 80 marks
INA: 20 marks
(Listening and Speaking skill-based practical: 18 Marks
Book Bank: 2 Marks)
Total: 100 marks
|Q.No.||Content||Maximum Marks (80)|
|1.||Section A : Reading Comprehension|
|(a) Unseen Reading Comprehension (5 MCQs)||(5Q × 1M = 5 Marks)|
|(b) Unseen Picture/Poster Based Comprehension (5 MCQs)||(5Q × 1M = 5 Marks)|
|2.||Section B: Objective Type Questions|
|It will consist of 8 objective-type questions carrying one mark each.
Objective-type questions may include questions with one word to one-sentence answers.
Fill in the blanks, True/False, or multiple choice type questions.
English Main Course Book (4 Questions)
English Supplementary Reader (4 Questions)
|(8Q × 1M = 8 Marks)|
|3.||Section C: English Textbooks|
|English Main Course Book: Prose|
|(a) Short Answer Type Questions (3 out of 5)||(3Q × 2M = 6 Marks)|
|(b) Long Answer Type Questions (1 out of 2)||(1Q × 3M = 3 Marks)|
|4.||English Main Course Book: Poetry|
|(a) Stanza (2 out of 3 questions)||(2Q × 1.5M = 3 Marks)|
|(b) Central Idea/Long Answer Type Questions (1 out of 2)||(1Q × 3M = 3 Marks)|
|5.||English Supplementary Reader
(3 out of 5 questions)
|(3Q × 3M = 9 Marks)|
|6.||Section D: Vocabulary|
|Pair of Words, Idioms, Proverbs, One Word Substitution and Correct the Sentence||(4Q × 1M = 4 Marks)|
|7.||Section E: Translation, Grammar, and Composition|
|(a) Translation from English to Punjabi/Hindi (3 out of 5)||(3Q × 1M = 3 Marks)|
|(b) Translation from Punjabi/Hindi to English (3 out of 5)||(3Q × 1M = 3 Marks)|
|8.||Grammar (Do as directed)||(10Q × 1M = 10 Marks)|
|9.||(a) Message/Advertisement/Note-making/Notice Writing (to attempt anyone out of the given two)||(3 Marks)|
|(b) Paragraph Writing (1 out of 2) given two)||(4 Marks)|
|(c) Letter Writing (1 out of 2)||(6 Marks)|
|10.||Marks for Good Handwriting||(5 Marks)|
Abbreviations used: q – question, m – marks
In Question 3(b), one long question will be asked from the first four chapters (‘The Happy Prince’, ‘Where Is Science Taking us?’, ‘Secret of Happiness’, and A Gift for Christmas’). The other question will be asked from the next four chapters (‘Some Glimpses of Ancient Indian Thought and Practices’, ‘The Home Coming’, ‘The Making of the Earth’ and ‘The Rule of the Road’).
Questions can be set from the entire prescribed syllabus. Only for questions No. 3, 4, and 5, questions will come from the given back exercises only. For the rest of the paper, it is not mandatory that the questions asked by the Paper-setter are from the back exercises only.
Listening and Speaking skill-based practical: 18 Marks
- Listening – 10 Marks
- Speaking – 08 Marks
For the listening test, students will be given a practice sheet containing 10 questions. They will answer all the 10 questions on the basis of an audio clip. Each question will carry 1 mark.
For the speaking test, students will speak 8 correct sentences on the basis of ‘picture and cue words’ provided in the practice sheet. Each correct sentence will carry 1 mark.
PSEB 10th Class English Syllabus
1. Reading Skills
- Reading Comprehension of unseen passage with five multiple-choice questions.
- Unseen Picture/Poster-based Comprehension with five multiple-choice questions.
2. English Main Course Book
- The Happy Prince
- Where Is Science Taking Us?
- Secret of Happiness
- A Gift for Christmas
- Some Glimpses of Ancient Indian Thought and Practices
- The Home-Coming
- The Making of the Earth
- The Rule of the Road
- Character of a Happy Man
- Death the Leveller
- A Ballad of Sir Pertab Singh
- Razia, the Tigress
- Where the Mind is Without Fear
4. Supplementary Reader
- Bed Number – 29
- Half a Rupee Worth
- One Thousand Dollars
- The Dying Detective
- How Much Land Does a Man Need?
- Return to Air
- Pairs of Words Generally Confused – 1 to 40
- Idioms – 1 to 40
- One Word for Many – 1 to 40
- Common Errors – All
- Common Proverbs – 1 to 40
- Use of Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, and Sentence Connectors
- Use and Kinds of Non-Pinites
- Simple, Complex, and Compound Sentences
- Reported Speech
- Use of Tenses
7. Writing Skills
- Notice and Note-making
- Letters (Personal, Business & Official)
8. Translation from English to Punjabi/Hindi and Translation from Punjabi/Hindi to English.