PSEB Solutions for Class 10 Welcome Life Chapter 7 Decision Making
Welcome Life Guide for Class 10 PSEB Decision Making In Text Questions and Answers
Look at the story of this picture. Here is a squirrel crossing the road but in the condition of in-decision sometimes it goes forward then comes back. Again goes forward and comes back. It doesn’t decide in which direction should it move. From the front side, there is a car and from the backside, there is a bus. It comes under the tire of the car and dies.
Choose the correct option:
Question 1. The real cause of the squirrel’s death was ………………..
(d) none of these.
Fill the blanks with suitable words:
The squirrel could have escaped if it took …………………. decision at ……………… Time.
Now discuss these situations in the class and find the better decision and write it down in your worksheets :
Situation 1. A and B, both are your fast friends, but now they are not on speaking terms with each other. A asked you to leave B, while B asked you not to talk to A. Then what will be your decision?
I will call them, listen to them, remove the misunderstanding, and will make them friends again.
Situation 2. Tomorrow there will be a mathematics test in your class. You are very intelligent in maths. But your friends decided not to take the test. What will be your decision?
I will make them understand that we must give the test. Maybe you could get fewer marks but they will learn new things. I will tell them it is not good in running from the situation but we must face it with great courage.
Dear students! Now let us guess in which profession Avi can be more successful: We will give Avi a score out of 5 for each task.
|Work or occupation||Score (1 to 5)|
|5. Literary (Acting)||……………………|
|6. Vehicle/Transportation work||……………………|
|8. Settling Abroad||……………………|
Do it yourself
You have to give a score to the profession suitable for Avi with a maximum of five marks keeping in view his nature and personality. Another aspect of Avi’s nature is their lack of attention and concentration. He used to think a lot but did not focus on one goal. Aren’t we doing the same? You must think !!!
Do it yourself by asking your friends.
PSEB 10th Class Welcome Life Guide Decision Making Textbook Questions and Answers
1. I will choose the course that my parents say, even if I am not interested in that job.
2. If I do not become a doctor due to my family or other circumstances, then other courses like medical profession, pharmacist, nursing can also be thought about.
3. Everything is preplanned by luck in the form of our destiny. So there is no use of taking much tension about work.
4. I have to choose the same course as my classmates will choose.
5. What I want to be in life, only I have to choose my path. This applies to me.
What should I do after the tenth?
I want to become a manager in a multinational company. That’s why I will pursue commerce, do B.Com. and then M.B.A. to fulfill my dreams. Then I will be able to earn more money and will work according to my wish.
Write down the names of some of the occupations of the people around me.
- Government job
- Dairy fanning
- Grocery shop
What makes me happier?
I want to be a manager in a big company. His work is to check the work and to tell that person to improve in one way or the other.
“Students, answer a question that a man was out of the house and was constantly soaking in the rain. His whole body was wet from the rain. His head was completely bare and there was no turban, safe, hat, or anything on his head to keep his head safe from getting wet. But not a single hair of his head got wet. How can this be possible?”
He is not having hair on his head as he is completely bald. Many of such questions can come in front of us for which we are required to use common sense while replying.
PSEB Solutions for Class 10 Welcome Life Decision Making Important Questions and Answer
Multiple Choice Questions:
1. What does an individual need to do to live life?
(a) To do work
(b) To live a luxurious life
(c) To sleep
(d) To remain awake.
(a) To do work.
2. What type of work we should do?
(a) Which we like
(b) Which gives more money
(c) Which make us happy
(d) All of these.
(d) All of these.
3. Why did the King call his sons?
(а) To decide on who will succeed him
(b) To attack another kingdom
(c) To divide the kingdom
(d) None of these.
(a) To decide on who will succeed him.
4. The King decided to make his son the next king.
(d) None of these.
5. What did the third son of King do that he was declared as next heir?
(a) He returned ₹ 100 to his father
(b) He filled the palace with garbage
(c) He filled the palace with fragrance
(d) None of these.
(c) He filled the palace with fragrance.
6. Who said, “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
(c) Marrie Curie
Fill in the Blanks:
1. Human life is too …………….
2. Students must have the quality of …………….
3. Einstein said that ……………… is more important than knowledge.
4. Einstein won the ……………… prize.
5. Every individual must have the quality of ………………
True / False:
1. Every student must use the quality of common sense.
2. Wisdom is required in difficult times.
3. The king had four sons.
4. We can reach our goal with continuous efforts.
5. We must adopt the career of our choice.
Match the Column:
|Column A||Column B|
|(a) Trade||(i) Understanding|
|(b) Ability||(ii) Occupation|
|(c) Dilemma||(iii) Guess|
|(d) Imagination||(iv) Skill|
|(e) Common Sense||(v) Double-Mindedness|
|Column A||Column B|
|(a) Trade||(ii) Occupation|
|(b) Ability||(iv) Skill|
|(c) Dilemma||(v) Double-Mindedness|
|(d) Imagination||(iii) Guess|
|(e) Common Sense||(i) Understanding|
Very Short Answer Type Questions:
What every person has to do to make his living?
Every person has to do some work to make his living.
What type of work we should do?
We should do that work which could give us more money and happiness.
Tell whether a work is small or big?
No, we cannot say that any work is big or small.
What should we keep in mind while adopting a career?
While selecting a career we should keep in mind our choice and elder’s experience.
Why did the King decide to check his sons?
Because he wanted to choose his heir to the throne.
Why did the King choose his third son to succeed him?
Because he took the right decision at right time.
What did the third son do with ₹ 100?
He bought, many fragrances with ₹ 100 and kept them in the palace.
How can we develop our personality?
We can develop our personality with good qualities.
What will happen if we will adopt good qualities?
Bad thoughts will not come into our minds and our personalities will develop automatically.
What type of human life is it?
Human life is quite complex and full of challenges.
Who was Albert Einstein?
He was a famous physicist who won the Nobel prize.
What did Einstein tell about imagination?
He told that imagination is more important than knowledge.
What is the main objective of this chapter?
The main objective of this chapter is to create a feeling of common sense among students.
What is the importance of common sense?
With common sense, we can solve even major problems with great ease.
Short Answer Type Questions:
Which career or occupation should we adopt?
Every person has to do some work to make his living. That’s why he is required to adopt any occupation. But while adopting an occupation, one needs to keep few things in mind. It will be better if the occupation will be of one’s choice. Also if he gets good money and happiness in it, then there is nothing better than this. In this way, if we take care of these things, we will be able to live a good life by choosing the best occupation.
Who can help us to choose a profession?
It is said that no work is small or big but person thinking can be. Our outlook to look at anything should be positive. Then we cannot choose an occupation quite easily. That’s why we can take advice from our parents. We can talk to our teachers or school counselors. We can use the internet, newspapers or T.V. to take the right decision. It will save our time and we will be able to choose a better profession.
Why should a person have the ability of decisions making?
There is no denying the fact that a person must have the ability of decision making. If a person makes the right decision at the right time, he will always make progress in life but life can be ruined if the wrong decision is made at the right time. That’s why one can take elders’ help and can talk to counselors to polish his skill of decision making. In this way, he will do great progress in life.
What is the importance of common sense or wisdom in life?
Every person faces many challenges in his life. If there is a problem then it is our common sense. or wisdom that helps us. The reason is that sometimes in practical life, we do not listen to the heart and have to make wise decisions that are quite fruitful for everyone. Sometimes we can solve even the major problems with the help of our imagination and common sense. That’s why every human being should have common sense and also have the skill to use it.
Long Answer Type Question:
Discuss the story of the King about the decision-making given in the chapter.
Once there was a King who had three sons. The King wanted to select his heir that who will succeed him. That’s why he decided to check them along with their ability of decision-making. He gave ₹ 100 each to his three sons and asked them to buy anything with which the whole of the palace can be filled. The eldest son thought that how can he fill the whole palace only with ₹ 100. That’s why he returned the money to his father. The second son bought the garbage with ₹ 100 and filled the whole palace. The King got angry and he gave him the work of cleaning the palace. The third son of the King bought many fragrances with ₹ 100 and filled the palace with their fragrance. In this way, he filled the palace with fragrance with ₹ 100. The King gave him the prize of selecting him as his heir as he took the right decision at right time. So, an individual must have the ability to take the right decision at right time.
Decision-Making PSEB 10th Class Welcome Life Notes
- This chapter starts with the issue of selecting a career that which career one should adopt.
- In fact, people are always confused about which profession or career they need to pursue with which they get more money and at the same time it must be interesting.,
- Many children are under the pressure of parents that which career they need to adopt whether they like it or not. This is wrong.
- We should adopt only the career that we feel like doing. We must not come under pressure. At the same time, parents should take into account the wishes of their children. They should be told about the pros and cons of each profession so that they can make the right decision.
- Everyone should have the ability of decisions making. Even though we make different decisions at different times, sometimes it takes so much time to make that decision that it becomes less important. So, the right decisions must be made at the right time.
- We can develop our personality with good qualities. This will not bring us bad thoughts and will bring us good qualities.
- The person must also have full self-confidence to cope with difficult situations.
- One needs to use common sense in every aspect of his life. This way we don’t get caught up in difficult situations and all the problems are solved easily.
- There are many occasions in life when it becomes quite difficult to make a decision about any problem. In such a situation, common sense is useful.
- Everyone should have the ability of common sense and the skill to use it at the right time. It makes our life easy.
Punjab State Board PSEB 10th Class Welcome Life Book Solutions Chapter 7 Decision Making Textbook Exercise Questions and Answers.