Judo Game Rules – PSEB 10th Class Physical Education
Describe the Judo playground, Officials, Costume and Duration of the bout.
Judo playground is called ‘Shiajo’. It is a square platform. Its each side is 30 feet. It is at some height from the ground. It is covered with 50 mat pieces of canvas. Each mat piece is 3 x 6 in size.
Normally, three officials conduct Judo. One of them is a referee and the other two are judges. The bout is conducted by the referee whose decision is final. No appeal can be made against his decision. Keeping himself in the playground, the referee keeps a watch on the performance of the players.
The Judo player’s dress is known as ‘Judogi’. In case ‘Judogi’ is not available, a player can wear a dress the belt of which is so long as to cover the body twice. After a square knot is tied, 3 inch belt on each side is left. The jacket should be so long that it covers the hips after being tied with a belt. The sleeves should be loose. There should be a gap of 114 inches between the cuffs and i sleeves and should hang upto the mid-arm. Trousers used should also be quite loose. The Judo player cannot wear ring, bracelet, etc. because they may injure a player. Finger nails of players should be properly pared.
Duration of the Competition:
The duration of the competition lasts from 3 to 20 mintues. Under speical circumstances this duration of the game may be increased or decreased.
Mention the various rules which players of Judo have to follow during competition.
Rules for Judo Players:
- The nails of the players’ hands and feet should be properly pared.
- The Judo player^ cannot wear rings or bracelet or any other thing which may cause injury to the opponent.
The Start of Judo Play and Various Techniques:
Start of Judo Competition. The Judo competitors should stand at a distance of 12 feet from each other. Their faces should be in front of each other. They salute each other in the standing position. Then the referee begins the bout by uttering the world ‘Hijame’ which means ‘begin’.
The following techniques are adopted in Judo-
- Naga-waja (the technique of throwing)
- Katma-paja (the ground work technique)
These two techniques are taken into account while giving a decision. Normally, the decision is not given more than one ‘Ippon’ (one full point).
- After some progress has been made in the throwing technique, the player can unhesitatingly take a lying position, and, thus, become offensive.
- When a player falls while adopting throwing technique or takes offensive, and the rival player falls, even then he can take a lying position.
- In the standing position and after adopting ground-work technique, if the player makes some progress, then he can unhesitatingly take to the lying position and become offensive.
- When one or both the players are outside the contest area, the use of any technique is deemed to be futile and is declared invalid.
- The throwing technique remains valid if the thrower and the maximum body of his opponent remain inside the contest area.
Mention the various Judo weight categories of Judo competition.
JUDO WEIGHT CATEGORIES:
|up to 50 kg.||up to 44 kg.||up to 38 kg.|
|up to 55 kg.||up to 48 kg.||up to 40 kg.|
|up to 60 kg.||up to 52 kg.||up to 45 kg.|
|up to 65 kg.||up to 56 kg.||up to 50 kg.|
|up to 71 kg.||up to 61 kg.||up to 56 kg.|
|up to 78 kg.||up to 66 kg.||up to 63 kg.|
|up to 86 kg.||up to+ 66 kg.||up to 71 kg.|
|Up to + 86 Kg.||up to+ 71 kg.|
MEN = Total of Categories = Eight
WOMEN =Total of Categories = Seven
JUNIOR = Total of Categories = Eight
Important Information about the Judo Game
- Shape of the Judo play ground = Square
- Size of each side = 10 meter
- The dress of the Judo known as = ‘Judogi’
- Judo competition start = ‘Hijame’
- Height of the mat from ground = about one feet, 30 c.m.
- Duration of the bout = 10 to 20 minutes
- Total weight for men = Eight
- Total weight for women = seven
- Total weight for Junior = Eight
- The size of mat to cover platform = 16 x I6m, number 50
- Total area of areana = 14 x 14 m (98) meter
- The size of the each mat = 1×2 meter
- The distance of Judo player = 4 meter
- while standing with opponent
- The Judo competition starts with the referee’s calling the word ‘Hijame’, meaning “Begin”.
- The player cannot wear ring, iron bracelet, etc. The nails of his hands and feet should be properly pared.
- With the referee calling ‘Osaekami-toaketa’, the hold is broken.
- If the judge does not agree with the referee’s decision, he can make suggestion to him. If the referee considers the suggestion sound, he may accept it.
- The duration of the Judo contest lasts from 3 to 20 minutes.
- During the duration of the game, pressing the belly or putting pressure on the head or neck with legs is considered to be a foul.
- If a player refuses to participate in a competition, his rival is declared the winner by fesetcho (winner by default).
- If a players, during the competition, gets hurt because of some fault of his opponnet, he (the injured player) is declare the winner.
Punjab State Board PSEB 10th Class Physical Education Book Solutions Judo Game Rules.