Punjab State Board PSEB 10th Class Computer Book Solutions Chapter 7 Microsoft Publishers-I Textbook Exercise Questions and Answers.
PSEB Solutions for Class 10 Computer Science Chapter 7 Microsoft Publishers-I
Computer Guide for Class 10 PSEB Microsoft Publishers-I Textbook Questions and Answers
1. Multiple Choice Questions
Choose an application used to design and produce attractive advertising and promotional material.
Publisher enables us to produce quick publications by using:
(d) All of these
To open the Microsoft publisher by keyboard, what we need to type in search bar?
Each tab is divided into:
(b) Status Bar
(d) None of these.
After creating publication, save the publication by clicking on save option in:
Close the publication by clicking button in File menu.
2. Fill In The Blanks
1. We can also add the objects to the blank Layout like ………….. word art, and auto shapes etc.
2. The handles centered on the lines of the box will stretch the object ………… and …………. .
Vertically and Horizontally
3. We can …………. and …………… on the handles to resize our frame.
Click and Drag
4. To view additional features within each group, click the dialog box launcher (arrow) at the bottom of each ……………..
Right Comer, Group
5. When we click on a small circles appear around the edge of ……………. the frame. These are called
Frame , Handles.
3. True or False
1. A Template is a tool used in Publisher to help us easily create basic publication.
2. Most publications are divided into several different areas called frames.
3. The comer handles will resize the object proportionally.
4. Before exiting Publisher, we should not close all the publications.
5. We cannot add items to the quick access toolbar by click on any item.
Very Short Answer Type Questions
Extension used to save a publication is?
To move objects which cursor is used?
Online Templates are available in?
List of our recently used Publisher files are in?
AZX The text is arranged around the object by using which option?
Short Answer Type Questions
What is Publisher?
Publisher is an application software which is used to create publication for professional and personal use. It is a product of Microsoft company. It is one of the major software of Desktop Publishing.
Write the steps for Moving Objects in publisher.
Following are the steps to Move Object in Publisher:
1. Click on the Object.
2. Place the cursor on solid line so that you see cross hairs.
3. Click and Drag the Object to desired location.
Template is a set of Predefined design styles that can be used to create a publication of document. It can be customized as per our needs.
Long Answer Type Questions
How to create a publication using blank layout in publisher?
We can create new Publication by following methods:
- By using blank layout.
- By using installed templates.
- By using online templates.
Creating a publication using Blank Layout:
Following are there steps to start with a blank publication-
- Click the File menu, and then click New.
- Under Available Templates, click a blank publication template, and then click Create.
- You can create a publication with our own specifications in Publication. You can also add the objects to the blank layout like text,picture, word art, and auto shapes etc.
- After creating publication, save the publication by clicking on save option in File menu.
- The Save As dialog box appears, type a name for our publication, select the folder in which we want to save it, and then click save button.
How to add text using text box and write the steps for editing text in publisher?
Adding Text in Publication. Following steps are used to add text in publication:
- From the Home or Insert Tab, select Draw Text Box.
- Place the cursor on the page where we want to draw a text box.
- Click and drag the cursor across the page to the desired size. The size of the text box can be changed after we have drawn it.
- When we let go of the left click on the mouse, we are brought to the format tab which gives us more options for the text box.
- Type the text in text box.
Editing Text in MS Publisher:
1. Highlight the text we want to edit.
2. If we are not brought to the Text Box Tools Format Tab, then select it.
3. Text Group Options :
- Text Fit. Defines how the text will fit in the text box : Best Fit, Shrink Text on Overflow, Grow Text Box to Fit, Do Not Auto-Fit.
- Text Direction. Changes direction to horizontal or vertical.
- Hyphenation. Changes hyphenation behavior of selected text.
4. Font Group Options. Style Font Size, Bold, Italics, Underline, Text Spacing, & Color.
5. Alignment Group Options. Text Box Alignment, Columns, Margins.
6. Effects Group Options. Shadow, Outline, Engrave, Emboss.
How to Print your Publication? Write their steps.
There are two basic ways to print your publication :
First one is to click on the print icon on toolbar. This will print one copy of our publication with the default print options.
1. Click on the File menu and click Print.
2. When the print window appears, select the desired number of copies.
3.Choose any other print settings:
- All Pages, Selection, Current Page, or Custom Range
- Manually enter page numbers we want to print
- How many pages print per sheet of paper
- Paper Size .
- 1-sided or 2-sided printing.
4. Click Print.
PSEB 10th Class Computer Guide Microsoft Publishers-I Important Questions and Answers
Multiple Choice Questions
A pre defined design is called?
(a) Advertising Material
(b) Promotional Material
(c) Both of these
(d) None of these
(c) Both of these
Fill in the Blanks
1. Publisher is used to ………….. , …………… and ……………. publication.
Design, Promotional, Advertising
2. …………. area is the blank area of the publisher window.
3. ………….. is the small window on the left side of Publisher Window.
4. Various invitation card types all displayed in ………………… .
5. The advertising and promotional material is called ……………… .
1. Publisher is used to print document.
2. The status bar is present at the bottom of the publisher window.
3. The personal information is filled in personal information dialog box.
4. The publications of publisher are saved with extension .ppt.
5. Before existing publisher, it is not necessary to close all the publications.
Very Short Answer Type Question
What is Publisher?
Publisher is an application that is used to. design and produce advertisement and promotional materials.
Short Answer Type Questions
Write the steps to open the Publisher.
The following are the steps to open publisher:
1. Click on start button.
2. Select MS Publisher from the program.
3. Click OK.
Write the name of component of Publisher Window.
On the start menu, point to all programs, point to microsoft office, and then click Micro soft office publisher. The Microsoft publisher window will appear.
What are the two ways of creating a Publication?
The following are the two ways of creating a publication:
1. By Wizards
2. By Using blank layout.
Write the steps to Save Publication.
The following are the steps to save of publication :
(i) On the File Menu, Click Save. The Save As dialog box appears. The default name of the publication is Publication 1.
(ii) Select the folder in which you want to save the application, type name in the File Name box and then click Save.
The publication is save in the selected folder with a pub extension.
Long Answer Type Questions
Write the difference between word and publisher.
|1. Word is an example of Word Processing Software||1. Publisher is an example of DTP software|
|2. Word Document has extension .doc||2. Publisher document has extension of .pub|
|3. Word is mostly used of common typing purpose||3. Publisher is used for designing professional objects.|
Explain the components of Publisher Window.
Components of publisher window:
There are three most important components that we should remember as we work within Publisher 2010. These are:
1. Quick Access Toolbar:
The quick access toolbar is a customizable toolbar that contains commands that we may want to use. We can place the quick access toolbar above or below the ribbon. To change the location of the quick access toolbar, click on the arrow at the end of the toolbar and click Show below the Ribbon. We can also add items to the quick access toolbar, simply click on any item and if will be added to our toolbar.
The ribbon is the panel at the top portion of the document it has six tabs: Home, Insert, Page Design, Mailings, Review, and View. Each tab is divided into groups
3. File Window:
When we click on the File menu, we are brought to the Info screen. It looks like that our document is gone, but it is not. As we click on the options in the File menu, the screen will change accordingly.
- Save: Save the file as a 2010 file.
- Save As: Allows you to choose a different file type (i.e. PDF, Word).
- Open: Browse to a Publisher file.
- Close: Closes the file but keeps Publisher running.
- Info: Edit Business information, use Design Checker, and set Commercial Print Information.
- Recent: List of our recently used Publisher files.
- New: New Publication Screen.
- Print: Print Options.
- Save & Send: Options for saving e mailing the file.
- Help: Microsoft Help.
- Options: Set default options.
- Exit: Closes Publisher (file and program).
How to create a publication using blank layout?
Creating a publication using blank layout:
Following are the steps to start with a blank publication:
1. Click the File menu, and then click New.
2. Under Available Templates, click a blank publication template, and then click Create.
3. Now, we can create a publication with our own specifications in publication. We can also add the objects to the blank layout like text, picture, word art, and auto shapes etc.
4. After creating publication, save the publication by clicking on save option in File menu. The Save As dialog box appears, type a name for bur publication, select the folder in which you want to save it, and then click save button. The publication is saved with a .pub extension.
5. Close the publication by clicking close button in File menu. A dialog box appears, if we want to save the changes, then click yes button, otherwise click no. Before exiting Publisher, we should close all the publications, then Click Exit in File menu or click cross button on title bar.
How you can load MS Publishers?
Microsoft Publisher is differing from Microsoft Word in that the emphasis is placed on page layout and design rather than text composition and proofing. Microsoft Publisher is a business desktop publishing program that enables users to easily create professional-looking marketing materials.
The Microsoft Publisher offers more design options with over 2,000 professionally designed publication templates and hundreds of design elements for users to mix and match within their publications. A flexible wizard model allows users to work the way they want, and automated design expertise helps them achieve professional results without design expertise. Stronger office integration and a complete print-to-web publishing solution enable users to deliver professional looking results.
What are the steps to save Publication in MS Publisher?
There are two basic ways to save our publication. First one is to Point and click on the save icon on our toolbar.
Follow these step:
- Click on the File menu and Save As.
- When the Save As Dialogue Box appears Click Browse and find the location on computer where we want the file saved.
- Type the name of our publication in the File Name field.
- Click on the Save button.
Write the steps to modify a page design.
1. Click the tab Page Design if needed, to change templates, adjust page margins, apply ruler guides, or apply built-in color schemes to the chosen template.
2. We can use the Built-in Ruler Guide templates to help in aligning text boxes, pictures, or other objects. To apply a Built-in Ruler Guide template click on the command Guides in the group Layout, and then choose a template.
3. To add a vertical or horizontal ruler guide repeat the above step, then click on Add Vertical or Horizontal Ruler Guide.
4. To add additional guides, move the mouse pointer over the vertical or horizontal ruler, drag the guide in the desired direction when the pointer changes to a two headed arrow.
Write the steps of Creating a Publication with Templates.
Creating a publication with Templates:
We can create a publication in Publisher by using template.
Available Publication Types : Publisher 2010 allows us:
1. To apply built-in templates.
2. To apply our own custom templates.
3. To search from a variety of templates available on Office.com. Office.com provides a wide selection of popular Publisher templates, including newsletters and flyers.
To find and apply a template in Publisher 2010, dp the following:
1. On the File tab, click New.
2. Under Available Templates, do one of the following:
- To use a template that we already have installed, click My Templates, click the template that we want, and then click Create
- To use one of the pre-built templates installed in Publisher, under Most Popular or More Templates, click the category that we want, click the template that we want, and then click Create.
- To find and apply a template on Office.com, under Most Popular or More Templates, click the category that we want, click the template that we want, and then click Download.