Punjab Style Kabaddi Game Rules – PSEB 10th Class Physical Education
Discuss about the circle style Kabaddi, Ground, Duration of the game, Dress of the Players, The official of the Kabaddi game.
The Punjab Style Kabaddi is also known as Circle Kabaddi. Its playground is circular, and the radius of the circle is 75 feet. The radius can be from 65′ (50 m) to 15′(10 m.) The centre line divides it into two equal parts. There is a gate of 20 feet in the middle of the centre-line. On both the ends of the gate two soil mounds are built. They are called palas.
The diameter of each pala is 6 inches. The palas are 1 foot high from the ground where they are placed. On both the ends of the centre line, the D-area is marked by a 20 feet long line. It is 15 feet from palas towards the sides. Through a quarter circle it touches the centre-line, and the palas are in the middle of it.
PUNJAB STYLE OR CIRCLE KABADDI-
Duration of Play:
The game is played in two durations of 20 minutes each, and there is an interval of 5 minutes for rest in between the two durations.
The game is played between two teams. Each team has ten players and two substitutes. When a player becomes incapable of play he is replaced by a substitute. Each team should have 8 players till the end of the game. If the number of players is less than ten, the opposing team is also allowed to have the same number of players (which is less than ten).
Dress of the Players:
Players shall wear loin-clothes. They can play on bare foot or by wearing tennis shoes with thin soles. The player cannot play by wearing a ring or other such things.
There are following officials to conduct this game-
- One Referee
- One Umpire
- Two Scorers
- One Time Keeper.
Discuss the rules of Punjab Style Kabaddi.
- The raiders on their turns shall go to the court of the opponents sounding the cant of ‘Kabaddi’. They shall continue sounding the cant within one and the same breath till they return.
- The raider shall touch at least the boundary line of the opponent’s court. If he even does not do so, the umpire can ask him for the second raid. If he fails to touch the boundary line even then, the opposing team is awarded one point.
- No player can have two successive raids. Each player has to raid at least once in each half of the circle.
- When a player is returning after having touched his anti, he cannot be pursued until he has crossed the essential line of his side
- If a raider touches any of his opponents and returns to his court, his side gets 1 point.
- If a player of the defending team causes an obstruction, the raiding team is at once awarded one point.
- During the time of touching and holding between a raider and the player of the opposing team, all the rest of the players are considered temporarily out until a point is scored.
- If a raider goes out of the boundary line, the anti-team shall get 1 point. If both the players cross the boundary line, neither side is awarded a point. The point is considered to be common in such a case.
- A hold or an attack which may put a player’s life in danger is forbidden.
- Applying oil on the body or increasing nails of hands and feet are forbidden.
- Coaching of any type from the outside is forbidden.
- If a raider touches his opponent or the opponent touches the raider, then both pursue each other till the sounding of the cant. No other player can hold the raider.
- No one can hold a player by hair.
- The opponent cannot prevent a raider from sounding the cant by shutting his mouth.
- Improper or indecent words cannot be used during the play.
- No player can go out for drinking water until the game ends.
- The players can use soil on their hands.
- The umpire can ask each of those players who have not taken their turns to sound the cant and raid.
- The leg-scissors cannot be used on a raider without first being held.
- No player can slap any other person.
Important Information about the Punjab Style Kabaddi Game
- Shape of Kabaddi Playground = Circular
- Radius of Circle = 65’to 75′(50 to 70 m)
- Distance of Gate in Centre Line = 20′(6.10 m)
- Marking of Gate = Two soil mounds are built
- The diameter of each pole = 6″ ( 15 cm)
- Duration of play = 20-20 Minutes
- Time of Interval = 5 Minutes
- Playing Members of a team = 14 Players,6 Substitutes
- Officials of the match = Two Umpires, One-Referee, one scorer, one time keeper.
- The game is played between two teams. Each team consists of 14 players and 6 substitutes.
- In case a player is injured during the play, he is replaced by a substitute.
- A player can participate in this game on bare foot.
- No player can wear an iron bangle (‘Karra’), ring etc. during the play.
- No player can have two successive raids.
- A hold or attack which may endanger the life of a player is forbidden. Coaching to the players from outside the playfield is forbidden.
- The opposing player cannot prevent a player from sounding the cant of ‘Kabaddi-Kabaddi’ by shutting his mouth.
- No player can take part in the game after having applied oil on his body.
- If a raider loses the cant on the way, the referee asks for the cant again.
Punjab State Board PSEB 10th Class Physical Education Book Solutions Punjab Style Kabaddi Game Rules.