PSEB Solutions for Class 9 Computer Science Chapter 6 Internet Applications
Computer Guide for Class 9 PSEB Internet Applications Textbook Questions and Answers
1. Fill in the Blanks
1. ‘Gmail’ is a free email service provided by …………………
2. Every machine on the Internet has a unique number assigned to it, called an ……………
(d) Unique IP Address
(d) Unique IP Address
3. A …………… is a type of test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human.
4. ………………. is a type of malware designed to provide unauthorized, remote access to a user’s computer.
5. TV and radio on the Internet are examples of …………….. media.
1. Spyware is an e-mail fraud method in which the wrongdoer sends out legitimate-looking emails in an attempt to gather personal and financial information from recipients.
2. Google Drive does not allow us to store and share files online.
3. The best way to deal with the threat of a computer virus is to use antivirus software.
4. In BCC we type the addresses of people we want to send a copy of the mail to, without the other recipients knowing.
5. Digital signatures are created and verified by means of biography.
3. Short Answer Type Questions
What is a CAPTCHA code?
Short for completely automated public hiring test to tell computers and humans apart, a technique used by a computer to tell if it is interacting with a human or another computer. Because computing is becoming pervasive, and computerized tasks and services are commonplace, the need for increased levels of security has led to the development of this way for computers to ensure that they are dealing with humans in situations where human interaction is essential to security. Activities such as online commerce transactions, search engine submissions, Web polls, Web registrations, free e-mail service registration, and other automated services are subject to software programs, or bots, that mimic the behavior of humans in order to skew the results of the automated task or perform malicious activities, such as gathering e-mail addresses for spamming or ordering hundreds of tickets to a concert.
What do you mean by Google Apps?
Google Apps is a package of cloud-based services that can provide your company or school with a whole new way to work together online—not just using email and chat, but over video conferences, social media, real-time document collaborations, and more. .
What is Digital Signature?
Digital signatures are the public-key primitives of message authentication. In the physical world, it is common to use handwritten signatures on handwritten or typed messages.
Write the process of sending an e-mail.
Different steps to send and receive mail are :
- Open your Gmail account by clicking on the Gmail link on the Google search page.
- Click the button labeled ‘Compose’.
- Go to the To: box. In the To: box type in the email address of the person you would like to send an email to. If there are multiple people you want to send it to, click on the Add Cc and Add Bcc buttons.
- Type the email subject. The subject lets people know what the email is going to be about.
- Type your message in the big box below the subject box.
- Click the Send button below the message box.
- Wait until the person you sent the email replies.
Write the basic steps of downloading.
Follow these steps for downloading software, games, or any other files from the Internet if you use a PC running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.
- If you don’t already have one, create a Temporary Files folder by opening Windows Explorer, highlighting your hard drive (typically the c: drive), then selecting File/New/Folder. When the folder appears, name it Temp files.
- Once you locate the software you want to download, click on the link to begin the download process.
- First, you will be asked if you want to save the file. Click the Save button, then locate the Temp file folder on your hard drive and double-click to open it. Next, click the Save button.
- You can watch the file as it downloads.
What is cloud printing?
cloud printing. Printing from a computer or mobile device to a remote printer via the Internet (the cloud). For example, users can snap photos on a smartphone and send them to a printer at their home or office. Cloud printing apps are available for smartphones and tablets that work with almost any printer. Printing to the cloud. It refers to scanning a photo or document on an Internet-connected multifunction printer and sending it directly from the device to a photo or document sharing service on the Internet.
Name four anti-virus software.
Four anti-viruses are:
4. Long Answer Type Questions
What is IP Address? Explain.
Unique IP Address
A Unique IP is an IP address that is specific to your domain. When you add hosting to a domain/subdomain, it’s assigned an IP on the Apache server which is shared with other sites. This shared IP address is most often the only IP you’ll need. However, certain applications may require you to add a Unique IP to your site. You can add a Unique IP to any Fully Hosted domain/subdomain hosted at DreamHost on the page.
Need of a Unique IP
Unique IPs are most commonly used with domains that have secure hosting enabled. While it is possible to use secure hosting without a Unique IP, some older browsers which do not support Server Name Indication display a certificate warning when viewing your site. While not a comprehensive list, this includes :
- Windows XP versions of Internet Explorer.
- The default browser in Android 2.4 is “Gingerbread” and earlier. (4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich” and later will work correctly.)
- Various older mobile browsers, including BlackBerry, Symbian OS, and older versions of Opera Mobile.
If you expect a significant number of the visitors to your secure site to be using these browsers, you will need a Unique IP.
Benefits of a Unique IP Address :
There are a lot of reasons why it is recommended to use a Dedicated IP address for a website, hosted on a Shared server, but we shall look through the main ones here:
- It provides higher stability
- It grants access to your website anytime you need
- It is beneficial for the email sender’s reputation
- It is good for a business identity
- It is required for particular third-party applications/ scripts
Explain any three Google Apps.
Google Docs is an online word processor that lets you create and format text documents and collaborate with other people in real-time. Here’s what you can do with Google Docs:
- Upload a Word document and convert it to a Google document
- Add flair and formatting to your documents by adjusting margins, spacing, fonts, and colors — all that fun stuff
- Invite other people to collaborate on a document with you, giving them edit, comment, or view access
- Collaborate online in real-time and chat with other collaborators — right from inside the document „
- View your document’s revision history and roll back to any previous version
- Download a Google document to your desktop as a Word, Open Office, RTF, PDF, HTML, or zip file
- Translate a document to a different language ‘
- Email your documents to other people as attachments
Google Sheets is an online spreadsheet app that lets you create and format spreadsheets and simultaneously work with other people. Here’s what you can do with Google Sheets :
- Import and convert Excel, .csv, .txt, and .ods formatted data to a Google spreadsheet
- Export Excel, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data, as well as PDF and HTML files
- Use formula editing to perform calculations on your data, and use formatting to make it look the way you’d like
- Chat in real-time with others who are editing your spreadsheet
- Create charts with your data
- Embed a spreadsheet — or individual sheets of your spreadsheet — on your blog or website
Google Slides is an online presentations app that allows you to show off your work in a visual way. Here’s what you can do with Google Slides:
- Create and edit presentations
- Edit a presentation with friends or coworkers, and share it with others effortlessly
- Import .pptx and .pps files and convert them to Google presentations
- Download your presentations as a .pdf, .ppt, .svg, .jpg, or .txt file
- Insert images and videos into your presentation
- Publish and embed your presentations on a website
Explain the process of creating an e-mail account in Gmail.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to create a Gmail account
Step 1: Open up your internet browser and go to the Google home page.
Step 2: Click on Gmail at the top right comer of the page.
Step 3: You’ll now be in the ‘Sign in’ section. As you don’t have a Google account yet, you need to create one. Click Create an account.
What are the benefits of google drive?
Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud storage services available today, offering 15 gigabytes (15GB) of free storage space. If you’ve never used a cloud-based storage service like Google Drive before, take a moment to consider the advantages of keeping your files online. Because files can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection, Drive eliminates the need to email or save a file to a USB drive. And because Drive allows you to share files, working with others becomes much easier.
There are no. benefits for creating and sharing different files on Google Drive which are:
- Documents: For composing letters, flyers, essays, and other text-based files (similar to Microsoft Word documents)
- Spreadsheets: For storing and organizing information (similar to Microsoft Excel Workbooks) .
- presentations: For creating slideshows (similar to Microsoft PowerPoint presentations)
- Forms: For collecting and organizing data
- Drawings: For creating simple vector graphics or diagrams.
PSEB 9th Class Computer Guide Internet Applications Important Questions and Answers
Fill in the blanks
1. Gmail, yahoo mail, Hotmail, etc. are …………………….
2. play store is a product of ……………….
(b) Play store
3. Files can be shared with ………………
(b) Play store
(c) Google Drive
(c) Google Drive
4. …………………. cures ………………….
(a) Antivirus, virus
(b) Google, Yahoo
(c) E-mail, virus
(d) Antivirus, server.
(a) Antivirus, virus
True or False
1. Gmail is a product of Microsoft.
2. We can share files on the internet.
3. Data is not destroyed on Google Drive.
4. Cloud means Air clouds in computer terminology.
Short Answer Type Questions
What is E-mail?
E-mail stands for electronic mail. Most networks support some form of an email. The most popular, of course, is Internet email. E-mail allows you to send a text (such as a letter) to another person on another computer. In order to send an email, you have to know the email address of the recipient.
How often is the imagery in Google Earth updated?
Google Earth displays the best available imagery, most of which is one to three years old. The information in Google Earth is collected over time and is not in real-time. It is not possible to see live changes in images. We add data to our Primary Database on a regular basis.
Why do I see blurry imagery in Google Earth?
Google Earth combines data of different resolutions to offer a seamless viewing experience, so some locations look a bit blurry. We offer high-resolution imagery (greater than 1-meter) for thousands of cities and more are on the way.
What is an IP address?
An IP address is a network layer protocol address for a host in a TCP/IP network.
What is the use of an IP address?
The IP address is used to uniquely identify each host in a network. The IP address is needed in order to communicate with other hosts in the network using the TCP/IP suite of protocols.
Which version of IP is covered by this document?
This document covers IP version 4.
How does a host determine its IP address?
A host determines its IP address during the boot-up process either from a configuration file stored in the local hard disk of the system or using a network protocol like RARP, DHCP, BOOTP from the servers in the network.
Is there any relation between the MAC address and the IP address of a host?
No. There is no relation between the MAC address and the IP address of a host.
Long Answer Type Questions
Write a note on email.
Short for electronic mail, e-mail or email is information stored on a computer that is exchanged between two users over telecommunications. More plainly, e-mail is a message that may contain text, files, images, or other attachments sent through a network to a specified individual or group of individuals. The first e-mail was sent by Ray Tomlinson in 1971. By 1996, more electronic mail was being sent than postal mail.
Write the various steps for writing an email.
Writing an e-mail
When writing an e-mail message, it should look something like the example window below. As you can see, several fields are required when sending an e-mail:
- The To field is where you type the e-mail address of the person who is the recipient of your message.
- The From field should contain your e-mail address.
- If you are replying to a message, the To and From fields are automatically filled out; if it’s a new message, you’ll need to enter them manually.
- The CC or Carbon Copy field allows you to send a copy of the message to another e-mail address but is not mandatory.
- The Subject Line, although not required, should consist of a few words describing the e-mail’s contents.
- Finally, the Message Body is the location you type your main message. It often contains your signature at the bottom; similar to a hand-written letter.
Punjab State Board PSEB 9th Class Computer Book Solutions Chapter 6 Internet Applications Textbook Exercise Questions and Answers.